Energising Skills Local Jobs Program
Pre-employment Entry Level Training Course Outline
ENERGISE YOUR CAREER IN THE RENEWABLE ENERGY SECTOR!
Gippsland is rapidly responding to Government priorities for cleaner energy to meet the state-wide renewable energy targets, major renewable energy infrastructure projects are being planned for Gippsland.
The Energising Skills Project is a partnership between Workforce Plus, APM Employment Services and the Australian Renewables Academy and is funded under the Local Jobs Program by the Department of Education Skills and Employment.
The project delivers a highly customised pre-employment training program, including on-the-job and off-the-job supports providing long-term and vulnerable job seekers with the best opportunity to successfully transition into work in a key new industry sector for Gippsland
Program Information & Application Process
What is included in the program?
- No cost to you
- Guaranteed work placement with an employer in the Renewable Energy Sector or Supply Chain
- Support to access Nationally Accredited Units of Competency required to start working on the construction of local Renewable Energy Infrastructure Projects
- Gain the skills employers are looking for – get ahead of the rush to become work ready to take up Renewable Energy jobs
- Connect with employers recruiting in the Renewable Energy Sector
- Support for students without access to a computer
Core employ-ability skills development across the following areas specifically customised to the Renewable Energy Sector, including:
- Communication for work
- Connecting & working with others
- Identifying & problem solving
- Creating & applying initiative
- Planning & organising
- Observation & Learning
- Technology (relevant to workplace)
- Health & Wellbeing
Additional accredited units of competencies will provide job seekers skills and qualifications required to work on the construction sites.
Workforce Plus will facilitate access to industry required accredited units via Victoria Government Skills First Funding with a TAFE or other Registered Training Organisation
- Construction Induction Card CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- Manual Handling RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
CAN I APPLY?
You can apply for the program if you:
- Live in Gippsland
- Are registered with an Employment Service Provider under jobactive, New Employment Services Trial, ParentsNext or Transition
- Are likely to pass a National Police Check
- Be an Australian or NZ Citizen, permanent resident or on a humanitarian visa
- Have basic tech, numeracy, and literacy skills
- Can attend class full time for 4 weeks (between 9am and 3pm)
- Can attend Work Experience Placement for 2 weeks
- Have a genuine interest in working on local Renewable Infrastructure Projects
- Physically fit to carry out duties of the job
WHAT ENTRY LEVEL JOBS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE RENEWABLE ENERGY SECTOR?
The Renewable Energy sector encompasses a broad variety of entry level roles ranging from labourers to security, land management and administration. Due to the number of construction projects planned for Gippsland, jobs will be available across many sectors in the supply chain including but not limited to.
- Civil Construction
- Transport & Logistic
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Training & Education
- Fencing & Maintenance
More information on the scope of available jobs can be found at our partner website https://www.renewablesacademy.com.au/employment
Course Detail and Time Frame – 4 Weeks
How Can I Apply?
1 10 minutes
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Fill out the application form online.
2 20 minutes
WE’LL LEARN MORE ABOUT YOU
We will check your eligibility for the program and there will be an opportunity for you to tell us a little about you. We will make contact with you via telephone to discuss your application.
3 45 minutes
PRE-TRAINING REVIEW MEETING
We will invite you to come in or join us online and complete a pre-training review, which includes a short LLN (Learning, Literacy & Numeracy) test. This is to ensure this program is right for you and determine the level of support you may need.
4 4 weeks
COMMENCE THE PROGRAM
Once we have completed the intake process you will join the rest of your classmates on campus to commencing your learning journey. We will work with you to help to support you to complete your accredited units as well.
5 2 weeks
GAINING HANDS ON EXPERIENCE
You will participate in a minimum of on-the-job training through the National Work Experience Program to practice your newfound skills and knowledge
6 WORKING IN THE SECTOR
Congratulations you have finished your training and now you are ready to secure your new job! We will help you find employment within the Renewable Energy Sector and its supply chain. We even support you after you commence work through our highly tailored post placement support program.
HOW WE PREPARE YOU
In a world of job training programs, Workforce Plus takes a different approach to help you succeed to achieve your goals. Our instructors and mentors get to know each student and are there with resources, tools, and information if a student encounters a barrier, we will connect you to external service providers, develop your level of literacy and numeracy and help you gain the skills you need to overcome your challenges.
The trainers at Workforce Plus aren’t just teachers, they’re coaches who stand by their students through successes and challenges.
The right resume can open the door to new career opportunities. Workforce Plus students not only learn how to create a resume that showcases their skills and experiences, but our students also learn exactly what local employers are looking for. Students will develop skills to customise their resumes to each job, specific to industry feedback.
By conducting mock interviews, then providing real-time feedback and coaching, the Workforce Plus team ensures that all learners feel confident and prepared to interview for the job that they want.
After graduation, mentors and instructors continue to check in with learners, providing support with the job search and advice for continued success, no matter what stage they are in their career journey.