EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Workforce Australia Programs
Employability Skills Training (EST) program (Gippsland)
Career Transition Assistance (CTA) program (Northern Territory)
Workforce Australia Employability Skills Training (EST) Program (Gippsland)
Employability Skills Training (EST) helps you become job ready by providing intensive pre-employment training. You’ll get practical support to develop your job search skills and workplace skills. You can also learn about and build the skills you need for specific industries in your local labour market, such as hospitality or disability.
Workforce Plus helps you understand and meet the expectations of employers, explore your career options, improve your application and interview skills, and learn how to survive and thrive in the workplace.
Training Block 1 helps you develop your job search and workplace skills such as:
- finding job opportunities
- writing resumes, job applications and preparing for job interviews
- communication skills and working in teams
- problem solving.
Training Block 2 helps you understand different industries in your local labour market. You can:
- find out what industries you might be interested in
- explore career options in different industries
- learn industry-specific skills
- improve your job search, job application and interview skills to target the industries you are interested in.
To participate in the Workforce Plus EST courses, you must be living in Gippsland:
- aged 15 years and over, and
- participating in one of the following eligible employment services:
- Workforce Australia Employment Services or
- Workforce Australia Online or
- Transition to Work or
- Disability Employment Services.
Workforce Australia Career Transition Assistance (CTA) Program (Northern Territory)
The Career Transition Assistance program helps you build skills and confidence to become more competitive in your local labour market. It’s designed for individuals aged 45 and over.
We will help you:
- Explore your goals, needs, expectations, and options for a job or career.
- Find what motivates you and learn the strategies you need for success.
- Understand the local job market, the real opportunities and industry needs.
- Meet with employers to get exposure to different jobs and industries.
- Access your ‘transferable skills’ and how these relate to current jobs and careers.
- Review, improve and tailor your résumé for a range of different jobs.
- Navigate the job application process – including responses and feedback.
- Practise and enhance your interview skills for different employers and industries.
- Get your digital and computer skills up to date.
- Prepare a clear plan of the steps needed to get where you want to go, and
Who is eligible for the Workforce Plus EST and CTA courses?
To participate in the Workforce Plus CTA courses, you must be a job seeker aged 45 years and over, based in Northern Territory, and linked to a Workforce Australia Service or Disability Employment Service.
If you would like any more information please contact us
1800 118 244
Learn new skills!